Summer 2013 Session
Registration: April 19, 2013
Payment Deadline: May 10, 2013
Please read the Eligibility Criteria carefully
- Step I - Please mail the completed TEFL Application Form along with a non-refundable deposit of $200 (The deposit will be fully refunded if admission is declined or if the course does not run).The check should be in the name of Rutgers University. You are also required to attach copies of transcripts of the last degree or courses completed.
- Step II - PALS will contact you directly about the status of your application for this course.
- Step III - If you are granted admission, make the full payment for the course before the specified deadline. You will then receive a login ID and a password to access the online classroom.
- Step IV - A "Meet & Greet" orientation will be organized, dates - TBD. Lunch will be provided.
Program in American Language Studies
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
53 Avenue E
Piscataway, NJ 08854-8040
This course is open to:
- Native speakers who have completed their undergraduate degree and are interested in teaching English language to non-native speakers.
- Undergraduate students with an English Major who have completed 75 or more credits and are looking for additional “professional” qualifications in English.
- Peace Corps/social workers with college education and an extended work experience with the non-native speakers.
- Non-native speakers may be admitted if they have completed an undergraduate degree from an American university, have a very high TOEFL score and have a near-native English speaking proficiency.
- The PALS administration office reserves the right to decline admission or ask for a personal interview with selected or all applicants.