Intensive English

For Transfer Students

Information for Transfer Students:

Students already in the United States in F-1 Nonimmigrant Student Status at another school and wish to transfer to PALS will need to follow certain immigration procedures before they may begin their studies at PALS. Failure to follow these transfer procedures will result in the loss of F-1 status.

Students transferring to PALS must submit:

  • Copies of passport, F-1 visa stamp, current I-20 and current I-94 card.

An I-20 can be issued once your current school has transferred your SEVIS record to PALS.  Generally, transfer I-20s will be given to students at the placement test.

*If you will travel outside the US before you begin classes at PALS, you must pick up your PALS I-20 before you leave or make arrangements for the I-20 to be mailed to you.  You will need your PALS I-20 to return to the United States.

**If you do not complete the transfer before you start classes, please remember that the transfer must be completed within 15 days of the first day of classes, or you will be out of status.

If you have questions about transferring your F-1 status to PALS, please contact the This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..


The Intensive English Program in the Program in American Language Studies is Accredited By


Proud member of

Translate Website