Information for Transfer Students:
Students already in the United States in F-1 Nonimmigrant Student Status at another school and wish to transfer to PALS will need to follow certain immigration procedures before they may begin their studies at PALS. Failure to follow these transfer procedures will result in the loss of F-1 status.
Students transferring to PALS must submit:
- Application for Enrollment 2019-2020
- Financial Guarantee Form signed by the student’s financial sponsor
- An original bank statement from the student’s financial sponsor. The statement must be in English and include the account holder’s name and the amount of money in the account. A minimum of $14,000 must be available to the student for estimated expenses for two sessions of study at PALS.
- An International Student Advisor’s Report, completed and signed by the advisor at your current school.
- A $325 non-refundable deposit toward tuition. Click here for acceptable methods of payment.
- Copies of passport, F-1 visa stamp, current I-20 and current I-94 card.
An I-20 can be issued once your current school has transferred your SEVIS record to PALS. Generally, transfer I-20s will be given to students at the placement test.
*If you will travel outside the US before you begin classes at PALS, you must pick up your PALS I-20 before you leave or make arrangements for the I-20 to be mailed to you. You will need your PALS I-20 to return to the United States.
**If you do not complete the transfer before you start classes, please remember that the transfer must be completed within 15 days of the first day of classes, or you will be out of status.