High achieving students who do not meet the minimum requirements for English proficiency may apply for the Rutgers - New Brunswick Pathway Program (RU - PATH).
Students currently studying in the United States are not eligible for the RU PATH program. If a student is currently studying in a United States high school, he/she should apply for regular admission to a Rutgers University degree program at https://admissions.rutgers.edu/applying/applications.
- Unofficial copy of high school/secondary school transcripts
- Official TOEFL iBT 65 - 78
- English proficiency examination score reports must be taken within the past two years and submitted directly to Rutgers from the testing service.
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher or college counselor
- Note: After submitting an application, all students will be required to take the Duolingo English Test (a link to complete the Duolingo English Test will be emailed to you after your application is received).