Interested in Teaching at PALS?
At PALS, we believe that our role goes beyond teaching English to our students. As an institution, we actively put into action the Rutgers values of cherishing diversity, bridging cultures as well as fostering a collaborative learning environment.
Through the advancement of English language proficiency, teachers at PALS are not only instructors of English but active agents of change that assist our students in achieving their personal goals. Instructors are encouraged to introduce academic content in various subject areas and blend them into English language instruction in the classroom. Teachers with experience learning as international students in the U.S. are also encouraged to share their personal journeys to promote clarity and commitment to the learning at hand.
To address the growing needs of our students, PALS is seeking to fill several part-time Academic English instructor positions with individuals that share our institutional values. The required and preferred qualifications are listed below. International applicants with OPT or CPT authorization are encouraged to apply.
• Masters degree in Language Education or TESOL
• Teacher certification or Certificate of Eligibility (CE) in ESL
• Experience teaching ESL classes that pertain to one of the following areas: TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS, GRE, SAT, spoken articulation, academic discussion, academic writing, tourism, business leadership and management, healthcare or any of the STEM fields
• Near-native proficiency in Mandarin, Arabic, Turkish, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean or Japanese (for non-native speakers, an ACTFL OPI exam rating of “Advanced Low” is required in the foreign language)
• Experience teaching ESL coursework in the areas identified above in the U.S. or abroad
• Experience integrating social media and technology into classroom instruction
• Near-native English language proficiency is required for candidates that are non-native speakers of English. All non-native speakers of English must provide documentation that places them at the “Superior Level” on the ACTFL English OPI test.
Send cover letter, resume, two references and other relevant information to: